Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Baby Borrowers
I have been watching the show Baby Borrowers. I watched these teens take infants into their "home" then toddlers, then pre-teens, then teens and then finally elderly people. All the teens had their problems but most stuck it out for the show. There was one couple that did not. The last episode, which aired this evening, brought the elderly into the homes of the teens. This made me realize that no matter what my children will have a relationship with their grandparents. I didn't have the opportunity to live close to either one of my grandparents so we only saw them on trips. The last time I was able to see my mom's parents was 2 years ago. The last time I was able to see my dad's parents was when I was getting married. My dad's dad has since passed away and I wish that I had had the chance to spend time with him and learn what his life was like when he was younger and when he was a parent to my dad and all the trials that him and my grandma went through together. I am so grateful for the example my grandpa was to my dad though. I don't think that my dad would be the man he is today had it not been for him. I love my grandpa so much and miss him everyday but know that I will be able to see him again. I think we all live that what if life when we lose something that we should have/could have been closer to. My dad has since started calling Braydon his pal. (That is what my grandpa used to call each of us. ) We were all Pal. I think watching this show just brought in a lot of emotion that I have been wanting to vent but haven't. I know that Ryan and I have had our ups and our downs but no matter what we still love each other and support one another in the decisions that we make in our every day life. I am so blessed to have a husband that lets me stay home with our child so that I can be there for him no matter what. I am blessed to have Ryan. He is understanding and loving and caring. I am also blessed to have parents that love me and have raised me in the gospel. Who knows where my life would be right now if I didn't have the gospel. I thank them for always being there for me. I didn't realize until this week how much I really do depend on them and I know I need to lay off of that. They are at a stage where they just want to see their children and grandchildren enjoy life and be able to just spoil the grand babies! I am so grateful for all the sacrifices that my parents made so that I could do the things that I wanted to..soccer..gymnastics...volleyball. They have always been there to support me and for that I am grateful! I love everyone that has been there in my life...my friends..Amber, Megan, Kim, Amanda. I love my family very much and I hope they all know that! MUAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment