Friday, July 25, 2008

I Finally Realize That I am Getting Old

I was asked to help out with Youth Conference yesterday and I willingly volunteered remembering all the fun I had when I was in Youth! I arrived on time and got signed in and got my free shirt (Yeah for free things!!) and put my name on the list to be a team leader! As most of you know it has done nothing but rain here for like the WHOLE week it seems! ALL the activities for YC were outside!! Yipee right? NOT!!!! We played kickball and human foosball in the rain then got to go under the pavillion and play human battleship ( That on was way fun!) We had to eat outside b/c we were all drenched from the down pour! I went to sleep last night and when I woke up this morning I can hardly move and I couldn't breath b/c the gym was COLD and I was wet!!! All in All I realize that I am getting old and its hard to keep up with these youngsters! I kindof felt out of place b/c I am not even in Youth and so I didn't know anyone but the girls from our ward! It was fun though in the end and was a great experience that I won't forget for a LONG time!! Oh to be young again!!!! I can still remember my first Youth Conference. Signing in and then waiting to see what we got to do next! The dances and feeling nervous for that one boy to ask you to dance and then getting asked and tripping over your own feet as you dance! The service that we were able to do for people while we were there and the great speakers that always made you cry just b/c they could b/c the spirit was so strong! Staying up late with your girlfriends talking about what guy you wanted to dance with the next night at the dance!!! Those were the days!!!!! I am so happy to be married now and not have to worry about the boys!! haha!!!

No comments: