Monday, September 29, 2008

A Fun, Yet Interesting Weekend

This weekend was Braydon's birthday party. We decided that we would only do a family party since he is still young and doesn't really know the difference and this way too we would not offend anyone person by not inviting them. We had a fun Cowboy party at Ryan's parent's house for him. He had his cousins and aunts and uncle. It was a great time. Braydon loves being with his cousins. He received very fun gifts that are going to entertain him for a long time.

(Will Post pictures whne our actual computer is hooked back up....using a laptop with no memory card slot!!!!)

On our way home I asked Braydon if he wanted a snow cone. What little kid doesn't after a fun filled day of playing in the sun! We went towards that last standing snow cone place since Ike hit. It is on College street but is a lot easier to get to if you go down Washington and then turn down Langham. That way you miss having to cross all the traffic! Well we were on our way to the snow cone place and about to cross over Lindberg and Washington when a little white truck came out and hit us. Good thing it was a little one because had it been like an f-250 or something our car would have been for sure totalled. We moved our car to a newar by parking lot. When the other driver got out of his car something else fell out with him, illegal drugs. We told the officer where he put the drugs when he noticed that they fell out but since she couldn't see any signs of his eyes being diolated (?) she was unable to do anything about it. I don't buy that one bit. We say it come out of his car. He turned left onto a street when he clearly saw us going straight. We had our three year old in the car with us. I was so mad at the officer for not doing anything to the guy. How STUPID!!!!!! I am tempted to call the police dept. and tell them what happened but with my luck they will just say that she did what she was supposed to. We are hoping that the guys insurance is real because I went online to try to find it and the insurance that they gave us is only like health and company insurance online. hmmm......please pray that we can get this car fixed. It's our only vehicle. We were hoping to be able to get another car soon but it doesn't look like that will happen with lose of wages due to IKE....urg!!!!

( I will post Pictures later of what our car looks like!!!)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my! That makes me mad about the cop not checking his car after y'all had seen drugs fall out. I hope the insurance is legit... Last summer my car got hit in a parking lot by our neighbor. They didn't have insurance. I need to tell you how I got $$ out of them.

Amber Stevenson said...

That is so not cool! I am so sorry about your car! If the insurance is bad...just hunt him down and threaten to turn him in for the drugs!!

Laurie said...

thats not cool about yalls car! hope yall can find a solution to the problem!
you asked who my dr is and its dr black. i just changed from dr kayani. he was not any good. he made me so mad and upset! i will tell you later what happened at my last appointment with him. and ill be delivering at st. elizabeth. the new dr is so much better! his personality is so laid back and im completely comfortable going to the dr appointments.