Thursday, August 14, 2008
I Have Joined the Work Force
I am joining the work force. As many of you know Schwan's once again screwed us over and gave Ryan's promised position to someone else. So with that we decided that it was time for me to get a part time job to help out with some of the bills. Due to hurricane season most people in good ol' southeast texas don't like to fill their freezers! Don't get me wrong we aren't flat broke but it would be nice to not have to stress over every bill that hits our mailbox. Last week I spent my days filling out application after application. Mom and I were in Maggie Moos so I braved it and asked if they were hiring. The guy said yes but that they were out of applications. I had a resume in the car so I went and got it out! That evening the owner of Maggie Moos gave me a call. Needless to say that is where I will be working. I know its not a great career move but hey...you have to do what you have to do!!! I am actually nervous. I have not worked outside of my house now for 3 years! I have worked in Ice Cream shops before but I don't know. Its just something part time so all will be well. Please feel free to come see me but PLEASE don't make fun of me for working in an ice cream shop at the age of 23!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
I think it's cool that you'll be working at the best ice cream shop! I've actually thought about going back to work too... That really sucks about Ryan not getting that position!!! That makes me mad!
Thanks Maren!!!
i will :) haha j/k remember when you worked at tcby? and your friend with a bird in the tree? :) good times good times....we are getting so old.
You go Maren! Do I get a family discount? No one can make fun of a wife/mom going into the workforce to help out with expenses (no matter what the job is that they end up doing). In today's society it is tough to get by with just one person working, at least until the one spouse gets super established in a career. Remember (like most people that read your blog) you are just starting off with family and marriage. The bumpy road will seem more smooth soon (or so I have been told). Later skater!
No worries Maren. I'm proud of you. Sometimes you have to step up and do things you never thought you would do. Besides, I'm 28 and work in a Magic Shop. They can make fun of us together. Then I'll make them disappear. Of course that has more to do with my Italian friends than with magic. Hang in there. You're doing awesome.
Maren, the fact that you are not "too proud" to work at an ice cream shop makes me happy to know you. I am excited for maggie moo's to get an employee that is going to be trustworthy, dependable and hard working. WAY TO GO! You have inspired me to try Maggie Moo's for the 1st time ever. Let me know when you are working so I can come to see yoU!
As LDS women, we can sometimes feel guilty about having to work outside the home... it's something I've personally struggled with.
But, through my experience I've learned that we're also asked to be helpful and supportive to our husbands. Working to supplement your husband's income is sometimes necessary. Also, as women, we're expected to maintain the spirit of our home. And, from experience, I know that financial stress and anxiety take away from that spirit. So, working to supplement his income can help with that too.
In other words, don't worry about it! We all do what we have to do. Ryan's lucky to have such an understanding, helpful wife at his side. And, there is NOTHING wrong with Maggie Moos - it's the best ice cream in the area, in my opinion.
You Rock! Hey, I sold Beanie Babies on-line when Rich was in College! Glad you are helping out now before things get to bad! Marriage is about working together. Just remind Ryan that he has to help with his part of the housework now! ")
Whatever Maren! If anyone makes fun, tell them I have a really big husband that will beat them up! (Apparently he is already needed at Ryan's work? :) I'm probably going to have to get a job too to supplement Jeff's income. The joys of bills! Good luck and we'll come in to visit!!
can you look into getting a maggie moo's in orem?!?! i LOVE that place. i think it'll be a fun environment to be in. good luck!
Post a Comment