Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's almost been one year

So lately I have been really emotional and I finally figured out why. It has almost been one year since my Grandpa passed away. My mom and Dad are on their way tomorrow to be with my Grandma. It is hard to think that it will be a year in just a couple days. He was such a joy to be around. He had the best laugh and the best personality.

Just the other day Ryan and I were watching a hockey game and guess who was playing...Tampa Bay Lightening. That was my Grandpa's last team to be a fan of. I thank him for my love of hockey. It is because of him that my dad got into it and it is because of him that we all got into it. I wish we still had our hockey team just so I would think of him more!

I still remember the last time I saw my Grandpa. It was for my Bridal Shower. He and my Grandma made the drive to come celebrate my engagement. How much fun it was to have them here and to share such a special time with them both.

During Hurricane Ike Ryan, Braydon, my parents and I all evacuated to Florida. We had a great time. It helped me remember him so much more. I only wish I could have attended the funeral. What I would do to see him just one more time. I love that man very much and I hope that my dad knows that. I have some of the best men in my life. They have showed me so much and are great examples to me. I only wish that someday Braydon can be like them! Thank you Grandpa(s), Dad, Dad (JC), Chad, Rich, Marshall and Kyle for always being an example to me and to my son. I love you all!

1 comment:

Rondi said...

That is the sweetest Blog Maren. I am passing it on to Grandma. She will love it.