So lately I have been working up to 25 hrs a week and trying to be a wife and mom. Hard work I tell you! I don't know how these moms do it. I have no time to do anything. My house is a disaster and my laundry needs to be done and my dishes need to be done and my son even needs to go to sleep but here I am writing about my week!
Tonight I worked with only one other person on board! All the high school kids needed off so they can look at colleges! I have the worst cold and I feel miserable. I wish I was a fairy so I could go POOF and it would all be back to normal!
Don't get me wrong I love my job but sometimes I feel as though it consumes my life. I now know how the owner felt at the beginning. I was recently made a "manager" and that has taken a lot of time. The other people at work now won't really talk to me. They don't think I deserve it because I was just recently hired not too long ago and they have all worked there longer then me. Oh well.
I need a house keeper. Not really, I just need the energy to clean! I don't have it! I wish I was like Holli or Mom were they don't like to go out without their house clean. Me, I could care less and figure it will all still be there when I get home. It's not going to get more messy while I am gone.
Ryan has been working really hard at Chuck E. Cheese. That sounds like a funny statement. How do you work hard at a super fun job!? He loves it and I am so happy that he loves it. It comes home so much happier from work then when he was working at Schwan's. I love to see him happy.
I am ready for Christmas. I have all my shopping done..well almost! Ryan and Braydon are done! I want to put my tree up but I can't do that until after Thanksgiving! It's tradition!! Braydon is going to be so much fun this year! We have taken him to see Santa and he loved it.
Well I am off to bed to put Braydon to sleep!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Each day if you will tackle one job at home, your house will be organized. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. And at this time you have to work because of the economy. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice your nap or quiet time. But through it all, you do have to take time for yourself even if it shopping for grocery by yourself.
Love ya
I understand the frustrations you are feeling. Now that I'm working more outside of the home, it's become increasingly difficult to keep everything going. But, I decided when I started working that I would not let my profession stand in the way of my calling - which is motherhood. Sometimes that means I have to wake up at 6 am to get it done or go to bed at 2 am to get it done. Its definitely hard.
Anyways here are my tips about the home thing.
1. Pick one day of the week to get everything cleaned up. I know on an off-day you just want to chill out and relax but really dedicate yourself to this. Write it on the calendear.
2. On that day, take it room by room. Work until one room is completely finished, then start on the next one.
3. Once you get all the straightening done, do the major cleaning. Start from the bottom and work your way down... in other words, start with windows, countertops, and dusting, and then work your way down to the floors.
4. When everything's completed, make a list of every chore you'll need to do to keep it maintained. Some chores can be done weekly. Some need to be done daily.
5. After you've made your list, assign a day to do it all. Make a chore chart for yourself. For example, Thursday could be "floor day" where you deep clean the floors. Friday could be "bathroom day" when you scour the bathrooms. So on and so forth.
6. The list is not just about you, either. If the housework's on a schedule, then there is no reason why other household members wouldn't be able to help out. If Ryan comes home from work before you, he can look on the chart and already know what needs to be done.
7. Make a chart for Braydon too with little things he can do like pick up toys, help take out the trash, put away his clothes. This will teach him the value of hard work and he can even receive a reward after a week of helping.
I'm not trying to get on my soapbox, I'm just letting you know what's worked for me. We don't have a "set in stone" chore chart at our house but I plan on making one for the fridge this week when I'm off. I really want Gabi to see her role in keeping our home clean.
If you follow this, I can promise you that you will still get stressed out at work and tired BUT, you will enjoy being at home so much more, when there you can truly relax, it will be easier to get things done, your home will be more efficient, AND (this is the best part) you'll sleep much more soundly.
Good luck!
Hey Mare, Screw the other employees!! I've gone through that weird phase at everyone of my jobs. They will get over it. You are a hard worker and they will learn to respect you. Just don't get power hungry on them and everything will be great. I'm proud of you for getting promoted. I went through the same thing at BB in Utah and then when I worked down here. Just earn their respect. Let them see you are fair and fun to work with. They'll realize they're lucky to have you as a manager.
Post a Comment